Hydrofin DRXL FS2+2 (Dual Rudder Extra Large Fast Speeds with twin staggered rudder pairs)
For 60hp PLUS Outboard Engines
- A 2 + 2 rudder system on a reduced width Hydrofin Body, which attaches to the Outboard Engine using the cavitation plate
- Clamps securely into place, without the need to drill holes into the cavitation plate, and with Rubber Strips to secure, protect and isolate
- The Rudders allow for accurate steering and to maintain a straight course with ease. The option included in the kit for 2 or 4 rudders to be used depending on the boat performance needs. Discuss this with our expert
- The Hydrofin Main Plate with reduced width and length, keeps control by increasing and directing water flow past the horizontal rudders
- Speed rating is determined by the boat steering method : Cable or Hydraulic Steering
- Cable Steering up to 20 Knots 2 + 2 Rudders (Over 20 Knots 2 Rudders) / Hydraulic Steering over 20 Knots 2 + 2 or 2 Rudders fitted.
There is some crossover between the DRXLFS2+2 Model with this DRL Model : Cable Steering boats AND OR 50hp to 60hp Outboard Engines used at speeds greater than 16 Knots. In these cases discuss this requirement with our expert as the best option may be the DRXLFS2+2 as it has been specifically designed for Large Outboards and Stern Drive Units that are used at high speeds over 16 Knots.
Simple to fit (full instructions provided, copy below); slides onto the leg, above the cavitation plate, and tighten the clamping system.